The default persistence in NServiceBus is as of version 3.0 RavenDB. The NServiceBus license permits the use of RavenDB for the storage need of your endpoint. This only includes NServiceBus related data like sagas, subscriptions etc. If you are storing application specific data in Raven you need to purchase a separate license.
If you plan to use the default storage you need to make sure that you have a Raven server running that your endpoint can connect to. There is two ways to set this up:
- Download and install RavenDB your self
- Let NServiceBus do it for you
#2 Auto installation of RavenDB
RavenDB is included with the NServiceBus binaries (not ilmerged) and we have a infrastructure installer that will make sure that Raven is installed on the local machine when the installers are invoked.
The install is only performed if the following is true:
- Raven persistence is configured for the endpoint
- A custom connection string is not specified by the user
- The current endpoint has no master node specified
- Port 8080 is available
- Raven is not already installed
- The install is done using the explicit /installInfrastructure